Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Books


Hello. I just want to update my precious blog. This blog had been abandoned for a long time by me. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I just want to keep this short. Since my exams are over, I have more time to do what I like to do.. I went to the Tuaran library and borrow some books. I just finished reading this book entitled "Twenties Girl" by none other than the best-selling author, Sophie Kinsella! I always love her novels. Another of her novels that I used to read was "Remember Me?" I can't believe there's only ONE Sophie Kinsella's novel in that library! Can you believe it? ONE? (Yeah, I'm sure. Tuaran's library is not that big.)


So, anyway.. It was a really great novel. I enjoyed it. I even cried reading it. Like when I cried whenever I watch a really sad movie. So the plot goes like this...



Lara is a twenty-seven-year-old girl who has always had an overactive imagination. At the funeral of her great-aunt Sadie, she gets visited by her ghost, in form of a bold, demanding, Charleston-dancing girl. Sadie has one particular request: she can't rest without her precious dragonfly necklace, and asks Lara to find it for her. But Lara has a lot of problems of her own, such as her job and the fact that she had just been dumped by Josh, the love of her life. Lara, along with Sadie, discovers the truth behind her Uncle Bill's success, the mysterious secret of Stephen and his paintings and discovers love with Ed, an American high-flyer.The more Lara spends time with Sadie, life becomes more glamorous and their treasure hunt turns into something intriguing and romantic.It has a supernatural effect, which makes it a great read. (From Wikipedia)
Whenever I walk in the Popular Bookstore, I would normally go to the "Teen's Fiction A-Z" section.. Heh. There are tons of Sophie Kinsella's novels there. But I couldn't afford to buy it. sigh... Besides Sophie Kinsella's I also love Little Black Dress, Scholastic Publications, and Meg Cabot's. These are my favourite teens novels.


Oh, I used to read these too,
 



Actually, the library have the combined version of these two so the cover says "Size 12 is Not Fat and Size 14 is Not Fat Either." And... oh! There is another book which I like! Look ...


Well, it's not Little Black Dress, Scholastic Publications, Sophie Kinsella's or Meg Cabot's but it was still a great novel. I remember that I was the first one to borrow this at the library.. Haha! It was still new and I guess I saw it first.


So, that's it for now. Thanks for reading.

0 reader's feedbacks:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

 

sansanray Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang