Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Finally Home From Program Latihan Khidmat Negara (PLKN)

Time flies too fast! My goodness! It feels like it was just yesterday that I entered PLKN! As you all may know from my previous post (the last part of the list), I actually got chosen for PLKN which actually means National Service Programme in English. Remember when I said that I hate the fact that I got chosen? It all changed when I got there. As a matter a fact, I am certainly grateful that I got chosen. I am so happy that I am one of the most blessed people to have experienced three amazing months of a lifetime. 
     I remember the first day I got there. I was like, "Screw this! Screw that! I hate this! I hate everyone," in my mind. I also remember to decide that I was going to keep my anger until the end of PLKN. But do you know what happened the first night I was there? One of our teachers was going to show us a video and I was thinking, "Whatever. I'm not gonna influenced by anything you're gonna show me now. I've made up my mind that I hate it here. What are you gonna show us, huh? Something patriotic about the country?" I remember the teacher said, "I know somne of you came here feeling forced but I want you to see this first." "Whatever," I mentally responded her. But then, as the video started.. I saw a guy with no legs and no arms being a goalkeeper.. And another guy scored a goal and the goalkeeper said, "Wait! I wasn't ready!" I already saw that video before and I know who that guy is.. He is one of my inspirations to live. It's NICK VUJICIC. You can see the video below.
video
     I was trying to pull myself together not to cry during the video was played. It made me realised one thing. I can either choose to be angry with my situation until the rest of PLKN or I can accept the fact that I was there and go along with it. Nick can choose to be angry with his life and stay mad at God and say "I wish I had arms and legs." but he chose to accept his situation and be thankful. Just watch the video, you'll get what I mean.

So that's the story how I finally accepted the fact that I got chosen.

    Anyway, three months of experiences are too many to post here. To sum it up, this programme has build up my confidence and helped me to conquer my fears.. Especially heights. I used to be really afraid of heights. I conquered my fear when I did the "flying fox" activity. Well, maybe I still have a liiiiitle phobia on heights but before this it's much more worse. Heh. Besides that, I get to talk on a stage in front of hundreds of people and also get a chance to sing karaoke during Family's Day! 

I'll post more about my experience in PLKN soon when I have time, alright? 


1 reader's feedbacks:

  1. Hey guys there is a brand new forum created for all the PLKN wira/wirawati in the entire Malaysia... Pay us a visit and share your experience there...
    Forum : http://mynationalserviceorganisation.com/index.php
    facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/607636665948601/

    Invite your friends together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

 

sansanray Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang