Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Blessed Christmas Indeed

There are times you sit in a church and listen to the sermon and you'd be like, "Yes, these are what I need," or "That's a really good sermon." Well, in my case, it went sort of like, "IS GOD ACTUALLY TALKING TO ME THROUGH THIS PREACHER BECAUSE I COULD HAVE SWORN THEY ARE EXACTLY FOR ME," kind of moment.

I almost let my laziness get to me to write but I feel like this is too important to share. Maybe someone out there need to see what I need to share.

Yesterday morning, we had a Christmas service at church. I just want to talk specifically for the sermon that was given on that day. He was talking about God's children should be one in church and how some can be arrogant because apparently, the world taught us that being served is better than being a servant which is why there are no more room for humbleness in serving God. Hence, there exists the high priests and missionaries which are glorified in this world. 

Brother Elvis gave a good sermon. However this next part is what shocked me the most. He started talking about people who love getting praises and feel like crap when they don't get it. Getting compliments and praises feels good not gonna lie, as to what he said. 

That was it. That right there. 

Because if you read my last post, it made so much sense. 

God opened my eyes. Being the best and at the top is not important. Sure, you feel good getting praised but what I was reminded of was stated in this scripture.

Matthew 23:12

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

I have been doing wrong this whole time. I wanted to be praised and wanted to be the best but for what? For the world to see me? Is that really important? God was clearly telling me that I should be humble and stop all my insecurities on not being the best because Jesus Christ was born not in a manger yet He is the King of the world.

Philippians 2:6-7

who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

He is a King and doesn't get treated as one when He was born. He deserves all the praises He should get but would rather be a servant to others. This moved me and almost brought me to tears. How can the King of kings able to low Himself so much that He even washed His followers feet? How can I, a normal human being, always desire on being the best and so in love on getting praised? How can I be so blinded? I should have been serving others and emptying out all the arrogance I have ever had than counting my worth and value through how people see me. I feel so truly stupid. I was vain and I know that. But from now on, I'm gonna change and I want to serve others. I always wanted to be like Jesus, and this is it. This is obviously the first step on becoming like Him.

Throughout his sermon, I felt like God was talking straight to me and He did a good job using a humble man to be the preacher of God's word. He did say at the beginning of the sermon that the Holy Spirit guided him to change the sermon he had prepared at first to a new one. I'm glad brother Elvis changed it.

I hope you guys had a wonderful and a blessed Christmas.


0 reader's feedbacks:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

 

sansanray Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang