Thursday, September 08, 2016

Emotional Healing

I used to be so cynical. Maybe because I was hurt a lot that I started to see boys all the same. Even the ones who claimed to trust God were capable on doing things that I didn't expect them to do. I kept my guards up. Falling on someone again was not something that I would see myself doing ever again. 
Well that was a while ago. I'm 21 now and as time goes by, I could feel myself healing again. I get attracted to guys again and my heart caught on someone. I'm not saying that I'm ready to jump off the single bandwagon in an instant. I mean, if it happens, it happens. I'm trusting God and His plans for me right now. All I'm saying is, I could feel myself healing again and I can now enjoy the gift of attraction that God has given me again instead of scoffing at guys or other people who are in a relationship. 
Love is beautiful and I forgot the beauty of it when I was bitter and heartbrokened. Not gonna lie, when I first felt it after a very long time, I was terrified. I hated myself for falling again. I was a reserved person. I had full control of myself. When I caught with the feels again, I started to lose grasp of myself and cried because I was horrified of what I was becoming. But I started to understand in time that those feelings were made for human from God Himself. The butterflies, the admiration, the longing... it's okay to feel that way. 
Still, I'm not saying that I am ready to get married this second. NooooO. Not yet. Like I said, I'm just grateful that I started healing again. Everything I'm feeling and everything I'm going through right now, I would bring it in my prayers and let God guide me through these things. Above all, He is still my first love and always will.

1 reader's feedbacks:

  1. Praise God! I'm glad to hear God is healing you, and answering your prayers. =)

    All the best to you, walk cautiously, but walk in comfort knowing God has a good plan for you! Remember: emotions are a gift from God, but they are a gift we are called to control (self control) not something that should ever guide or lead us. So while it's great your heart is open again, don't let your heart lead you, you instead need to lead your heart, by God's leading. "Follow your heart" is a lie that the world often teaches, and it tries to creep into the mindsets of Christians and the church. But the Bible says the heart is deceitfully wicked (Jeremiah 17:9) and that only fools trust their heart (Proverbs 28:26). So enjoy the God-given gift of these emotions, but guide them, don't be guided *by them*.

    God bless,

    In Christ,
    Christopher Green

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

 

sansanray Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang