Saturday, May 06, 2017

Get Susan To America

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gooooooosh
I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! I don't know how to start this post properly sorry I'll try to tone down the excitement hahahahah. Okay so you guys know how I always talk about my online friends here? Oh well if you're new to my blog, you can click here for reference. You can scroll down my blog or whatever and see how much this means to me. And now, I can say that there's a 90% chance of me meeting them I'M CRYING.


Okay let's talk from how it started.
My birthday is approaching soon so at around the end of last month, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to ask God for my birthday. I always do that and the amount of times God gave me exactly what I wanted is incredible. Goodness, I'm not even exaggerating! However, this year I have no idea what I want exactly. Like, I have no idea what material I desire because I honestly am good with everything that I have right now. I don't have much but I'm doing good! So I asked myself again, and I looked into the depth of my heart. What do I want? My heart said one thing and one thing only.

America.

It's true. I've wanted this for so long. I legit cry sometimes at the thought of not meeting them. Man, I must have looked so ugly at night lying in bed being all depressed hahaha. So, yeah I prayed that I want to go to America. I thought it was pretty far-fetched. Me? Going to America? If you live in Malaysia with this kind of economy, you'd think it's insane too. I thought maybe I could just ask God for a new phone. I don't really want a new one tbh but since the prayer isn't that impossible to be answered I thought it would be reasonable to do so.
My heart still longed with my friends in America though.

So a few days after that, I was chatting with Chris who I met through YouTube and Twitter. He's one of my closest online friends too. We decided to set up a time to do a video call because we haven't done it for a while so during our call, we talked a lot about what we would do if we could meet. Oh sorry I mean when we meet. Long story short, we got a little too excited and he ended up going to his computer and look up the price for all the flights. It was a shock to both of us that the price isn't as nearly as expensive as we thought it would! Can you believe we video called 'till 3 am because we were so excited? Holy moly. I mean it was noon at his place because, time zones.


So, the next day Chris, Mel, Grace and me were chatting in our group chat to tell them about the plan and after everyone got so excited, Chris set up a gofundme for everyone to pitch in for my flight tickets. If you're interested to help to donate you can click here.


I just want to take a moment to say how amazing God is and how powerful a prayer can be. I underestimated the power of prayers. I doubted my prayer about going to America and this is where I am right now I. Am. SHOOK!

"The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." -James 5:16b (NIV)

Now if anyone is out there reading this, please help me in prayers that my family would find a way to let me go and that I'd have no problem for my visa application. I want this so so much and I know God planned this friendship beautifully with no intention of not letting us meet each other.

And to everyone out there who lost hope for unanswered prayers, don't give up. I prayed for such a long time to meet them and I know if I keep on praying God will work this out and it will happen. I believe that your prayers will be answered too. Pray boldly! Prayers can literally move a mountain!

Also, before I go please watch this video of Chris talking about the gofundme and how much it would mean to me, him and everyone! <3

(click on the picture to watch it)




0 reader's feedbacks:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

 

sansanray Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang